Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Couple random things (and Monica cries for a solid hour and a half)

BF and I saw The Impossible last night.  If you read my post title, you have probably gathered that this was an emotional movie.  If you haven't heard about it, it stars Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor and is about a family's stuggle to survive and reconnect with each other in the aftermath of the 2004 tsunami in Thailand. 

I should have known we were in for a rough ride when we were both crying 20 minutes in.  I think the recreation of when the water hit was one of the scariest things I've ever seen! 

Someone brought me cookies at work today...GRRRR.  It was nice but now I have cookies on my desk.  With chocolate chips.  And walnuts.  And like 5 pounds of butter. 















-Mon

3 comments:

  1. Resist the temptation...lol...I always set them out for my co-workers to eat...or I froze them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I wound up giving them to my boss, who is notorious sugar freakazoid.

      Is it bad though, that I have a list of things I want to make/eat before I get my band? I know I should probably be taking this time to get a head start...maybe my head is in a bad place

      Delete
  2. Seems we had similar thoughts as far as images on our recent posts goes... Haven't seen this one :)

    ReplyDelete