1. I had my first fill on Wednesday!! I found out I have a 14cc band, and my surgeon gave me 3ccs, for a total of 3 (he left it empty at the time of surgery). I wasn’t nervous AT ALL until he said “okay, hop on up here” and patted the patient table. Then suddenly I was lying there feeling completely vulnerable and scared. Luckily, that didn’t last very long. He gave me a shot of lidocaine to numb the area and then was able to find my port in one stick. I think. I wasn't watching and I couldn't feel anything. So I’m assuming one stick because he was all “got it in one stick!” So, yeah. I was feeling fine & dandy on the way home, then had a Muscle Milk Light and threw up every drop of it. Huh??? I didn't expect that. I felt sick to my stomach for a while after that, but later that evening I was able to get another protein shake down and keep it down. Since then I haven’t had any issues whatsoever. But I don’t feel like I have any more restriction now than I did a few days ago. If there’s a difference, it’s small enough that I can’t tell. We’ll see…
2. I LOVE my fitbit One. It’s so great to have a constant motivator to move more, go that extra lap, beat yesterday’s numbers! And the sleep tracking is an added benefit; it’s really cool! It tells me how long it took me to fall asleep, how many times I was woken up during the night and my overall sleep efficiency. I used it to compare my quality of sleep without my CPAP mask vs. with…I went from 72% Wednesday night to 98% last night! That mask is doin’ its job.
|This was after my morning walk; I'm now up to 7609 :)|
3. I need your input on whether or not this is weird (I think it is!). I was heating up my Lean Cuisine in one of our break room microwaves earlier (it’s a very large company with a giant break room and 6 microwaves)…it had to cook for 9 minutes so I was sitting at a nearby table playing a game on my phone. I heard the timer go off and stood up to collect my lunch. On my way there, this girl walks in & opens the door to the microwave my lunch is still sitting it. Now, there are FIVE empty microwaves at this point, because I go to lunch kinda late and pretty much everyone has already eaten. So anyway, she sees my lunch sitting in there and takes it out. She put it on the counter and put her lunch in, closed the door and hit start. Since when is it okay for you to just take someone's food out of the microwave when there are others available??? You never know, it could have been one of those that you had to stir and then keep cooking, or maybe it needed more time because it was still frozen in the middle. I didn’t even know what to say! I just laughed a little and said “uh, is my stuff done?” She just looked at me and said, “sorry, this is my favorite microwave,” in a way that let me know that she wasn’t sorry…saying that was more like her letting me know that I caused this to happen by not taking my food out the SECOND the timer went off. Dude, I understand having a microwave that you think cooks more evenly or whatever, but wait in line if you want to use that one. Keep your grubby paws off my food!
4. I don’t know why I chose to make today’s post into a numbered list. But I did. This has been #4.
5. Have a great weekend, everyone!!! Here's an unrelated picture