Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Chicago

The show was friggin amazing!!!!  I don't know if many people know of/like Nick Cave (most of the time when I say his name people ask me who he is and what kind of music he makes, which is sort of impossible to describe...or maybe just for me) but he has a new album out and one of the songs is called Jubilee Street. That was the second song they played. As it got closer to the end, the song started building and building, getting more and more loud and urgent and intense until I felt like I was going to seriously combust. it was one of the most incredible things I've ever experienced at a show.

We went to a bar afterwards to get a few drinks and some dinner, and I has this pita & hummus appetizer. It was delish, but that was my first experience getting stuck. I'm kinda glad I got it over with, because I'd been getting really nervous about it, and at least I know now that it won't kill me, just uncomfortable. I didn't PB, just took a minute for it to go through. I burped and that seemed to help.

I wish we had more time to explore before we went home! We're staying in a really cool area...lots of shops and restaurants and its right next to the train. But since I was just off for 6 days for surgery, I guess I should go back.  Boooo!

Okay, I'm still sitting in bed so I should probably get moving. Sleeping late FTW! Have a great day, all!

4 comments:

  1. Glad that you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! So glad it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new layout! :-) Glad the trip was fun, and that the "stuck" episode doesn't sound nearly as bad as it could have been - I'm really scared about that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time with foods like pita getting stuck. Sounds like you had fun in Chicago! I'd love to go there someday :)
    http://thefatgirlthin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete