Okay, so these might not all be "facts" strictly speaking, but I was going for the alliteration.
Alliteration achieved. Now down to business--
- I CAN NOT WAIT to get my first fill. I go back on Wednesday April 24. Right now I have barely any restriction at all and I have to try reeeeally hard to keep my portions small. I haven't weighed myself yet this week, so we'll see how things look on Sunday, but I'm afraid I'll be up from last week. I've been careful about my food choices, I log EVERYTHING in My Fitness Pal, and I never go over on my calories, fat, carbs or sugar...but I just have a bad feeling about it.
- I've already walked 3/4 mile since I've been at work, and I'm starting on my THIRD 28-ounce water bottle for the day--I'm pumped! I've been adding half a Crystal Light Energy packet to each of my first two bottles of the day, and that replaces my morning coffee. Definitely missing my coffee, but I like to put all the sweet flavored creamers in it and that shit just won't fly. I figure maybe once every couple weeks or so, I'll treat myself to a skinny vanilla latte or caramel macchiato. Mmmmmmm.
- We're going out for Chinese with friends tonight, and I'm trying to decide ahead of time what I'll get...that way I don't get there, take a look at the menu & start drooling, and then wind up ordering every rice/noodle dish they have. I'm thinking veggie potstickers and Kung Pao chicken minus rice. At least King Pao isn't breaded or anything, and has tons of veggies in it. I'm still probably looking at 800-ish grams of sodium though... Any suggestions for good stuff to order from a standard Chinese menu?
- My boss just found this hilarious email that I sent him 2 years ago...Apparently the Washington Post held a contest in which high school teachers sent in the worst/funniest analogies they’d encountered in grading their students’ papers over the years...here are some of my favorites:
- Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.
- He was as tall as a 6′3″ tree.
- Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.
- John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
- He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.
- Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.
- She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.
- The lamp just sat there, like an inanimate object.
- The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.
- He felt like he was being hunted down like a dog, in a place that hunts dogs, I suppose.
- She walked into my office like a centipede with 98 missing legs.
- The red brick wall was the color of a brick-red Crayola crayon.
- Her artistic sense was exquisitely refined, like someone who can tell butter from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.
Surprise! A sixth thing!! I have been hooked on the "cutepolish" youtube channel. No, it's not about cute girls from Poland. There are like 30-ish videos of this chick doing awesome demonstrations of nail art. I am obsessed! There are even Stormtrooper nails, which appeals to both the girly girl AND the Star Wars nerd in me. WIN!!!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!